Toothpaste is mainly made of water, abrasives and detergents. It’s a cleaning agent in itself. You can clean your iron as well your teeth with a gentle scrub.
How to clean your Iron with Toothpaste
Use toothpaste to rub off the starch which slows your iron and can make it stick.
- First unplug the iron and wait till it’s cold.
- Mix up a little mild detergent to a sudsy solution.
- Dampen a soft cloth and wipe the plate.
- Squeeze a little toothpaste onto the plate. Give it a gentle scrub with a nylon mesh pad,
- Wipe the plate clean with a cloth dampened in clean water.
What else can you clean with toothpaste?
Sneakers : Use toothpaste to clean the rubber on your sneakers by scrubbing it with brush and non-gel toothpaste. Clean off with a damp cloth after scrubbing.
Lipstick Stains :Apply non-gel toothpaste to the stain and rub vigorously. Rinse and repeat until the stain is completely removed.
Diamond Rings : Place a little non-gel toothpaste on an old toothbrush and gently scrub the ring
Crayon Marks : Remove crayon marks from walls by scrubbing the wall with toothpaste and a nylon scrub brush. Rinse off well. .
Bathtub Rings : Scrub the rings around the bath tub with toothpaste and a scourer
Piano Keyboard : Clean the keys with a damp cloth and a little toothpaste