The measurements don’t have to be exact. You may prefer more cheese for a cheesier sauce. Just make sure that the flour is cooked through, at least 10 minutes.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1 - 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Use any cheese for sauce. Choose grated mild or sharp Cheddar, Havarti, or any smoky flavoured cheese.
- Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in flour .Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes after the sauce has,thickened until smooth
- .Add cheese. .Stir until smooth and well blended