You’ve just received notice that Guests are on their way to see you. The house is a mess.
Don’t panic. You can quickly fix the places that guests go – your entry, your bathroom, your kitchen, your lounge
How long before your guests arrive?
You have 30 minutes before they arrive
- Open the windows to get a blast of fresh air.
- Fix up your entry. Straighten the doormat.
- Quickly sweep away stray leaves etc.
- Dab some essential oil onto a rag and wipe it over your door.
- Get a laundry basket, or a box, or a garbage bag and head for the bathroom.
- Put a new toilet roll in the toilet (put the half-used one in your container of choice).
- Drop a bit of cleaner in the bowl – flush – then drop a little detergent in
- Scoop up all used towels, face washers and clothes from the bathroom and dump into your container.
- Place a new cake of soap in the sink and the old one can go in the container too.
- Quickly wipe around the basin.
- Wipe around the mirror.
- Set out fresh hand towels.
- Wipe a little essential oil around the door.
- Hide the box/basket into a room that the guests won’t see.
- Wipe benches and table tops.
- Sweep clutter from all visible surfaces. Stash it somewhere.
- Close everything you can – drawers, doors.
- Hide the detergent and cleaning materials. If you don’t want to put them in a closed cupboard, carefully lay a clean teatowel over them. Just get them out of sight
Same for the lounge.
- Grab all the clutter and shove it in a basket. Either drape a pretty cover over the basket or hide the basket in another room.
- Straighten all covers, plump up cushions.
- Spray a bit of deodoriser around. (Always have some under the sink)
Time’s almost up. Close the windows. Light a candle.
NEVER apologise for the state of your home. You’ll only point out what they probably would never have noticed anyway.